On the 21st day of March, 2018, the Canada Ghana Chamber of Commerce hosted its second Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the Holiday Inn. In attendance were Chamber members, the Regional Senior Trade Commissioner, Mr. Anderson Blanc and other Guests.
The outgoing President, Mr. Frederick Attakumah, in his speech highlighted the successes of the Chamber under his leadership, some of which include the establishment of strong relations between various government ministries, departments and agencies such as Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC), Ghana Export Promotion Authority (GEPA) and Ghana Free Zones Authority (GFZA).
He stated “we have also built strategic linkages with the influential Toronto-based Canada Africa Chamber of Business and the Ghanaian Canadian Chamber of Commerce, the Montreal-based Ghana House Canada as well as the Ghana High Commission in Ottawa. With the assistance of the Accra Trade Desk of the Canadian High Commission, we’re also steadily progressing the budding relationship between the Government of Alberta’s Department of Agriculture and Forestry”.
He also commended the tremendous support of the High Commission of Canada to Ghana in all the Chamber activities as well as the Chamber secretariat staff and welcomed the incoming President and his team.
The Executive Secretary, Miss Andria Abraham, proceeded with her report for 2017. She spoke on the chambers performance with reference to Membership and Communication services, Events, Networking and Member Development and some future plans.
(Kindly read both reports in the 2017 Operations Report, visit http://www.canada-gh.org/CanChamOperationsReport2017.pdf ).
The incoming president, Mr. Jonathan Ane gave his first presidential remarks, extoling the outgoing team for what they have achieved so far, energizing his team to work harder as well as reassuring Chamber members of more successful achievements that will been oft them.
The 2018 Executive Council Members are as follows;
1. Mr. Jonathan Ane, CEO of Rhema Systems & Associate – President
2. Mr. Suganthan Allotey, Director of Bizliteracy Solutions – Vice President
3. Ms. Sundra Owusu Sefa – Treasurer
4. Mrs. Abena Ntrakwah Mensah – Company Secretary
5. Mr. Alex Nortey, Project Coordinator of Aksa Group – Member
6. Mr. Bright Adom, CEO of Adom City Estate Ltd – Member
7. Mr. Anderson Blanc, Regional Senior Trade Commissioner
of the High Commission of Canada – Member
8. Mr. Dela Gadzanku, Director of Ipalco Ltd – Member
9. Mr. Eric Defor, MD of Vivendi Construction Ltd – Member
10. Mrs. Linda Vasnani, Director of Conship – Member
11. Alhaji Nantogma Abudulai – Member